Thursday, February 25, 2010

Just Have to Show-off a Little

I wish I could tell that everything that I am wearing here was free, but it wasn't. I splurged a bit, and bought a dress and skin that I'd been contemplating for awhile. Combined with some pieces that I already had in my wardrobe...



The club Gothika in Cursed has a themed formal masked ball the last Wednesday of every month. Last night's theme was Desaturated, as in B & W movies. Dare Munro of Dare Designs even designs a special one-time use ballroom to fit the theme of the dance. For last night's event, he designed a lushious Art Deco inspired piece that made me feel like I was in a 1930's movie musical... all done up in black, white, and shades of gray.

Like I said, it was a masked event...

















I wish I had taken some pictures in the build, but my computer was being fussy, and it was all I could do to keep from crashing every time I tried to turn around. As it was, I crashed four different times I think.

Like many clubs, Gothika had prizes for best costume for night's theme. And I am very happy, not to mention shocked, to say that I tied for best women's costume! My prize was a nice purse full of linden's which more than off-set the L$700 that I spent on the dress and skin.

Here are some more pictures of the entire ensemble...






Like I said, sometimes a girl just needs to show-off a little! And yes, that is a panda on my top hat!

Dress- Necrosis by Dare Designs in Dark Eternity- L$400 Love the skull lace!
Top Hat & Choker- Grim Bros. in Clematis Island- former Midnight Mania gifts
Skin- Mia Character by Rockberry in Sandybeach West- L$300 includes a freckled version
Boots- Bax Coen in Jiminy- L$690
Eyes- Poetic Colors in Strata- former free gift. There is a different color free there now
Hair- Juliette by Calico Ingmann in Calico Kitty- freebie or dollarbie gift from 2009 Hair Fair
Mask- Brand New Heaven by BareRose Tokyo in Bare Rose- was prize from the random gift giver there, I think
Pose- Torrid Wear- free product sample from DSN
Shape- my own made from a heavily modded Re shape by Eloh Eliot

No comments:

Post a Comment