Saturday, July 10, 2010

Newbie Style Challenge

Every so often, I enjoy creating a new avatar. I guess it is kind of like that new car smell... totally addicting. :) They are just such a blank slate, an open book.

So when the Juicy Bomb blog issued a challenge to create a complete look for an avatar, it seemed a perfect excuse to create another new avi! After all, was clear back in February that I created Quinn (see blog post here), and I was getting itchy fingers to have another go.

So, this evening Iolanthe (guess I've got Gilbert and Sullivan on the brain!) was born. I decided I wasn't going to use items from Fab Free HQ or most of my other regular haunts, but try instead to go to places off my beaten track. Every item shown was added to Iolanthe's inventory the evening of 7-9-10

Many of the items came from the GSHunt, which is ending today, so if you see anything you like, better go grab it quick! The Pixeldolls shirt was also a very limited time freebie, and may already be gone by the time of this posting. Sorry for any disappointment.



Close-up of face



Items shown-

Shape- census- GSH prize (altered a bit)
Skin- Mynerva- Fashion is Love Hunt Prize ending 7-15, I think
Eyes- Umedama Holic- GSH prize
Lashes- Symphony Skins- freebie on dressing table
Hair- Truth- Jess- near entrance
AO- Long Awkward Pose- free to new avatars (both male and female available)
Top- Pixeldolls- Papillon- was free for the evening, may be gone now
Jeans- Fri.day- GHS prize
Shoes (not shown)- Duh!- GSH prize

Every item was absolutely free. I did cheat a little, and use the same Jess hair that I did for Quinn. I always find good hair to be the most challenging to find for free, even over skins. Besides, it is a cute style! :)

Here's another, more vintage look...


Skin- Imabee- GHS prize
Eyes- Poetic Colors- GHS prize
Hair- Ingenue- Myrna (free at Savoir Hair)
Dress & Hat- Purple Moon- Josephine (group anniversary gift- free to join)

Pictures taken at MOOC's photo studio

No comments:

Post a Comment