Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Heartsick after Valentine's Day

Happy Fat Tuesday!

I really should have been wearing my Chanimations Showgirl Mardi Gras outfit, but I'm outside and there is snow on the ground! Much too cold for pasties and feathers. :)

Besides I wanted to show off the make-ups on some dollarbie skins from Heartsick, and it would be difficult to do that from behind a lovely feathered mask!

Annah mentioned some good free or nearly free sources for good quality skins, now I am adding Heartsick to that list.

Heartsick skins are little edgier than some of the others mentioned, but as you will see, some will work perfectly well for normal, everyday looks also.

Heartsick just moved to the ParaNoir sim, and their new location wasn't showing up on search as of yesterday, but hopefully that has changed.

All these dollarbie skins are available on a small table in the store. There's even a bag there for men! Several are fat-packs with skin tones ranging from ghostly pale to a warm brown. Many come with options for enhanced cleavage, eyebrows, and/or freckles. I'm wearing the 'Illusion' tone in most of the photos, which is the second palest in most of the bags.



Amor E Morte-Illusion: Her Ghost in the Fog




Illusion: Pretty in Pink This one would work perfectly well as an everyday skin!




Serenity-Illusion: Dark Shines Another possible everyday skin...maybe evening.




Illusion: Pure Morning Everyday? Definitely!




Frozen Skin This is just a single skin, but lovely for special looks! Buy the snowflake to get this one.




This one may or may not still be in the store. It was the hunt prize for the Tainted Love hunt. The hunt ended, but the shriveled heart was still there earlier this morning. The prize is for Ruby Lips in Aether (which is the palest skin-tone in some of the other packs). It is definitely a goth skin, but look at those pouty, glossy lips! And if the heart is still there, it is a freebie. There aren't many hiding places in the store, but look carefully. :)

This last skin is from [42] located on the Tropicana sim. It isn't free (though cheap at L$42), but it was one of the first skins I bought. I also loved how it looked with the new shape I am trying out. *[42] no longer seems to exist in-world or on Xstreet. My apologies for any disappointment.*



The shape is part of an avatar packet called Elf Girl by Miss. Murder. I bought it on XLstreet recently for L$50. I did mod the body a bit to suit my own tastes, but the face was far too cute to mess with. While I will most likely go back to my normal shape (it just looks like me!), I do love this new shape, and look forward to using it once in awhile. :)
https://www.xstreetsl.com/modules.php?name=Marketplace&file=item&ItemID=2082762

Other items worn-
Pose by Long Awkward Pose (old hunt prize)
Hair by Tiny Bird (Kissy Kissy-not free)
Dress by Little Heaven (Valentine Lucky Board prize)
Eyes-Poetic Colors (current freebie eye gift)
Choker-Grim Bros. (past MM gorilla prize)

No comments:

Post a Comment