Thursday, December 3, 2009

Welcome to My Home!


Blackthorn in cyan

Ok... this isn't really my home. This is a crypt at Event Horizon, which is the "garden store" of an amazing three part sim created by designer Dare Munro.

Dark Eternity is the main section of the sim, and is dominated by the huge and brooding castle of Dare Designs. Walk inside, and you will find an amazing selection of gothic and vamp inspired clothing for men and women. I've purchased a number of outfits here, and am always impressed with the care and detailing that Dare puts into each and every one. While his men's clothing line is of very high quality, this a designer who obviously loves to clothe the female form. On his profile he states that his creative motto is this..."You're already beautiful - I'm just helping you see it."

I'd say about half my wardrobe inventory comes from Dare Designs, and this is why...


Dare Munro has generously set out four Lucky Chairs, and loads them with high quality items. Often, when he releases a new design, he will place one or two colors of that design in the chairs. The chairs are set at 30 minutes, but usually change much faster than that due to the fact that there is almost always a crowd around the chairs, and a in-world chat group that often has someone calling the letters to the group. So, the chairs can change pretty fast!

What I said earlier about Event Horizon not being my home... well that is true, because Dark Eternity is my home, and I mean that in all sincerity.

When I first landed in SL, like most everyone else, I wandered from sim to sim. When I logged in and out, it was wherever I happened to be at the time.

Then I came across a hunt blog, and they showed some of the hunt items from DD. I liked what I saw, so I hot-footed it over there. I remember seeing a big crowd of people standing around staring at the chairs. Not knowing exactly what they were doing, I shook my head, thought "How silly!", and continued with my hunt.

I can't remember what drew me back to DD exactly, but soon I found myself taking a closer look at what the crowd was doing. I started hanging out more and more at the chairs, winning all these wonderful goth outfits... and then I started paying attention to the local chat while I was there. It wasn't long before I was completely hooked, and enjoying the camaraderie of the regulars just as much as I enjoyed winning the outfits. I've missed more than a few chairs because I was just too deeply involved with chat! lol

I don't hang out as much at Dare's as I once did (RL has gotten a bit more demanding), but since I don't own or rent my own home in SL (and have no plans to do so for the foreseeable future), I almost always return to Dare's castle when I am about to log out of SL. That way I know exactly what to expect when I next log in... familiar surroundings, familiar faces. In other words... I'm home.

Here are selection of outfits that I've won from the Dare Chairs over the past months. Some may no longer be in the chairs, but may have been replaced by new items.

One of my all-time favorite outfits... Blood Doll (shown in wine)


Muse in purple


Dominar in blood

And finally...

STFU in dark bubblegum

This is just a small sample of the items that I've won from the lucky chairs here. I'll show you more later on. :) Being one of my favorite places in SL, you better believe I'm going to blog again on Dare Designs in Dark Eternity!

Other items worn:
Hair-
Webbed from Darkerside (not free) shown with Blackthorn outfit
Brat from Diversity (dollarbie fat pack) worn with Blood Doll & STFU
Jess from Diversity (dollarbie fat pack) worn with Muse & Dominar

Skin-
Goth Whites #1 from [42] (not free, but a cheapie if I recall) [42] seems to no longer exist... my apologies

Eyes-
Deep Jungle from Poetic Colors (not free but may have different gift eyes in store)

Boots-
Vic 6-Laces Knee-Boots V.2 with color change laces from VvB Stiletto Heels (not free)

No comments:

Post a Comment