Thursday, May 27, 2010

Today's Randomness... (is that even a word?)

I don't really have a theme for this post, the only unification is that they are all freebies that I received or won on May 26, 2010. That... and the fact that I am wearing them. ;)

First off is the lovely and sexy Isn't it Romantic lingerie set from my favorite store in all of SL, Dare Designs on Dark Eternity Island.


This beautiful gift was won from the lucky chairs at Dare Designs. I wrote about the amazing outfits that can be won from these chairs in a previous post. Designer Dare Munro is amazingly talented, and his generosity is nothing short of astounding!

Being a fan of vintage style lingerie both in rl and sl, I love the bygone era feel of this set. Dare has been in a bit of a retro mood lately, with many of his new designs reflecting the romantic styles from the 30's, 40's, & 50's to the mod styles of the late 1960's- early 1970's. But he is always true to his vampiric roots, and somehow manages to put a goth feeling into all his creations.

This set is also available for purchase in a number of different colors. Currently, the vendors to buy this set are near the landing point with the other new releases.


The Skulldancer Boots are another lucky chair win from Dare Designs. Look at the cute little rows of skulls adorning and forming the heel! They remind me of The Nightmare Before Christmas. :) Like the lingerie set shown above, these boots are also available for purchase in a variety of colors. This is the teal color.

Another lucky chair/board win was this pretty green chinese inspired dress from Lika*Ruby.



The board was being very contrary when I was there, and I had to stalk it for a couple of hours before it finally decided to land on a U. The dress comes with two length options (I am wearing the shorter of the two), and I am really loving the tiny flower print of the fabric.

Did it suddenly get cold in here... or is it just me? lol Anyway, these next two items have a little something in common. Can you see what it is? ;)

I got a note card from G & G that they had a new freebie out called Alice in Wonderland. It is a cute little white mini dress with green shrug sweater with... umm... "enhancements".


I've really enjoyed the free outfits that this designer puts out from time to time... they are fun, girly, and well made. Though you don't have to be a group member to claim the gifts, joining will keep you updated when new ones are available... which is good thing, because they tend to only be out for a day or two at most. Update... I was just at the store, and remember how I said the freebie items are out for only a short time? That's right, this dress is already gone! I apologize for any disappointment, but it does demonstrate the value of being in the group! ;)

I must still be cold, since here is another "enhanced" item, a tank top from Prodigal. I must admit, I am a bit perplexed about this item... it was just sitting in my inbox when I logged on, marked as a group gift. I suspect that I must have hit the subscribo board at Prodigal at sometime or another. lol



The cut of this shirt is a bit different, more elegant from most of the tank tops. The orange/red color is certainly eye-catching,...and once it catches their eye, it gives them something to ogle, too! Plus it makes my abs look great! Update... I visited this store also, and the tank is the subscribo group gift for May. And if you check the subscribo history, it looks like there are still a few other past months gifts available. I found at least two more, and they were delivered, but I haven't had a chance to check them out yet.

And finally... a couple of skins won from lucky chairs at two different stores...

Estyle

And like most of Estyle's lucky chair skins, it is just a single skin packaged with a shape and an eyebrow shaper (neither shown here). It is also the skin I am wearing in all the pix shown above.

And Cupcakes!

This one came as a fatpack of skins with a turtleneck sweater.

Other items shown:

Eyes- Poetic Colors (free, but will be of a different color)
Eyelashes- Symphony Skins (free- look on dressing table on back wall)
Hair- Maitreya (not free)
Jeans- Peer- (past hunt prize)

Poses by:
Amaris (past gift)
Vivaposes Stair Unit (past gift)
Animate This- Free at Fab Free HQ
Everglow (past gift)

No comments:

Post a Comment