Thursday, December 2, 2010

Silent Sparrow in the Snow

Here it is December, and much of SL has transformed into a winter wonderland! So many places to visit and so many things to do...

Silent Sparrow has two beautiful free outfits that compliment the silvery frosty beauty that we find ourselves surrounded with.

First up, the aptly named Frost Suit.

There is a catch with this freebie (and my apologies to anyone who might be disappointed)... it is only available to new avatars 30 days or younger. I wasn't going to blog it due to that reason, but I love it so much that I just had to! So, grab that poor hapless newbie player (the outfit is unisex!) you've taken under your wing, and bring them on over to Silent Sparrow. Or make your own minty fresh alt, and grab it yourself! True, it isn't transferable, but your new alt will have a killer new outfit!

The second outfit is available to everyone as far as I can tell, and is from the Silent Sparrow kiosk at the Gnubie Store. You remember the Gnubie Store, right? Hopefully you found it shortly after your rez-day... it is so much better than those freebie warehouses that it seems most newbies find themselves at.

My first skins came from the Gnubie Store... the Eloh Eliot skins, and I wore them for months before I started collecting other skins through hunts, group gifts, and purchases. While I rarely wear them any longer, the Eloh skins served me well when I was still finding my way in SL, and I remember them fondly and still have them in my inventory.
If you haven't been to the Gnubie Store in awhile, perhaps it is time for a second look! I just picked up a Pixeldolls top from there, along with a dollarbie pair of jeans from Random Fashions.

Other credits:

Eyes- Poetic Colors- past gift, new Christmas eye gift now available. And if you're still dragging that newbie around, have them grab the Sunny Glade new players gift from the sandwich board outside the entrance!

Skin- Lara Hurely- Love*Blue Skin- Free gift in store

Hair- eXceSs- Bug in Pink- Diamond is Mine hunt(hunt is over but the prize was still up as of this posting. Hint- Diamonds ruin your fishnet shirt)

Eye Make-up (tattoo layer)- Frick- past Rez-day gift (no longer available)

Necklace- Bliensen + MaiTai- Diamond is Mine (hunt over but prize was still up as of this posting. Hint- You say Ottobre, I say October, let's call the whole thing... Hey! What's that sparkling way up there?)

Poses-
Posies- Fae pose- Past hunt gift
Diesel Works- Diamond is Mine- Hunt is over, but prize was still available as of this posting. Hint- That's great discount, but does this wall make me look fat?) And grab the Peace on Earth hunt gift while you are there! :) The Zombie Popcorn prize may also be out, but that one I didn't find on my flyby stop for the LM... will have to return and make a better search of the area soon!

Photos taken at the beautiful Calas Galadhon sims.

No comments:

Post a Comment