Friday, January 7, 2011

Fashionably Bald Challenge



I celebrate those of you who have fought and won.

I encourage those of you who are even now fighting.

I remember those of you who have been taken too soon.

And for the rest of us, please remember... early detection does save lives. Get regular check-ups, and remember to live fully and to live well.




Please note that this blog entry is in response to a blog challenge by Sylvia Olivier of Coffeesmoke blog in support of her friend Miss Shellbee. Miss Shellbee is soon to undergo chemo and radiation treatments, and may be sporting the bald look as a result. Fortunately, her cancer was caught early, and she has been given a good prognosis.

I felt compelled to take part in this challenge having lost so many to this wretched disease. I lost my mother 18 years ago... I still miss her. Even my beloved companion animals have not been spared.

Then there are those I know currently in the fight... Linda, my co-worker, who bought herself a necklace the other day because she decided that she was, in fact, going to beat her cancer and live. And my ex-mother-in-law who has been putting up a miraculous fight for over ten years! This is about nine and half years after having been given a six months to live prognosis... even her doctors are astounded. :)

And for my young friend Elijah, who at the tender age of 14, was diagnosed with brain cancer, and beat it!

So, this is for all of them, and so many others.

~My apologies for the lack of focus of free items in this posting, but I wanted a specific look, and so, a number of items were purchased outright as a result.~

Credits~

Bald base- Amacci (on sale $L85 until jan. 16th. This is a tattoo base and comes with knotted updo attachment)

Manicure- Walk in the Woods- Oceane's Magical Makeover Hunt (hunt goes to Jan. 15th)

Eyes- Poetic Colors (free gift in store)

Skin- Belleza- Alyson Pale (past group gift... group join fee. Worth it!)

Shoes- Ingenue- Audrei in berry (past gift)

Earrings- U&R Dogs- Bohemian Earrings (past gift)

Clothes-Petunia- Spring Retro Sweater Set with scarf ($L100)
Cotton Capri ($L50)

Pose- LAP- Wonder Girls (past hunt prize)

No comments:

Post a Comment