Friday, January 28, 2011

Earth girls may be easy...

but alien girls are out of this world!


When I saw that this week's color challenge was Emerald, I knew I wanted to revisit a blast from my past.

Long ago, there was an excellent, but short lived goth club called Penance on the Gas Light sim. Like many dance clubs, they had themed costume nights. This was my entry for the "Best in Green" night. I'm not sure what spirit of creativity possessed me to pull this look together (I'm usually far less adventurous with my looks!), but I loved it enough to save it as an outfit in my inventory, something I rarely do. If I recall correctly, I also won the costume prize that night, and it prompted this memorable quip from Dare Munro, "Look! It is the Great Gazoo's hot cousin!"


Like I said, Penance was short-lived, but came at a point in my life when I was very lonely and depressed. The hours I spent there taught me to laugh again, sometimes to the point of tears, and I took away a number of friendships with the regulars there, and many, many memories that still can make me laugh today.

I'm putting up more photos than usual, just because I was having fun snapping them and couldn't choose a favorite among them. You can also see that I started playing with the windlight presets, and enjoying the different effects that they gave to the scene. None of these photos have been processed in anyway save for cropping, and are as they appeared inworld.



Hmmm... I wonder what happens if I use a different windlight setting...?

Cool!

I really must remember to take note of which settings I used...

Ok... this was the Chernobel one! Not sure about the two settings though...

My apologies... all of these items have been in my inventory for about a year and half or more. Therefore, most of the items are no longer available for free, others may not be available at all.

Credits:

Skin- Stringer Mausoleum- Deep Skin- C7-Shangra Mer (This one is still available for free at the Fab Free Headquarters)
http://slurl.com/secondlife//79/232/24 This isn't the correct lm to Fab Free, it is in the Car Wash sim...will grab the correct one next time I'm inworld.

Hair- Stringer Mausoleum- Pincushion- (Hair Fair 2009 dollarbie... now available at Mainstore at the regular price of L$250- L$300 depending on the color pack)
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Aurora%20Vale/76/169/551

Eyes- Ibanez Eyes- Halcyon- Holy Water (past fair freebie, but check out the lucky chair and MM board)
http://slurl.com/secondlife/ZI%20Tropical%20Paradise/178/150/31

Outfit- Dare Designs- Fury (past lucky chair prize...I'm not sure if this outfit is still in the lucky chair rotation, but there are many, many other wonderful outfits to be won even if it isn't)
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Dark%20Eternity/58/78/29

Shoes- Deviant Designs- Heathen Ballet Boot (past profile pix gift... can be bought in store for the regular price. Also, there are a bunch of group gifts to be had on a table near the landing point)
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Deviant%20Island/33/102/22

Cuffs- Ripped- Punishment Bracer (past hunt gift)
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Ripped/235/91/1016

By the way... it's not easy bein' green

8 comments:

  1. WOW... You really went Emerald... The look is awesome, it is no wonder that you won the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Rudh ... awesome look ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! :) It was a lot of fun to revisit this look. I'm glad you like it.

    And it was a good reminder that I don't always have to be human in SL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Lots of emerald and very creative. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOhh now this is creativity!!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, everyone! I'm flattered that my crazy design has gotten so much praise. It really means a lot to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really admire your efforts you put for this post....great job man..…
    datehottergirls

    ReplyDelete